Fairtrade is a trading agreement which guarantees a minimum price to farmers that reflects their production costs.
Producers also receive a Fairtrade Premium, for them to invest in community development.
The Fairtrade certification process encourages producer organisations:
- to continuously improve working conditions
- to continuously improve product quality
- to increase the environmental stability of their activities
- to invest in the development of their organisations
- to invest in the welfare of their workers.
For more info
- For more info, visit the Fairtrade Foundation website